Boss RC-3 Loop Station Pedal
Boss RC-3 Loop station Pedal overview from GAK
The Boss RC-3 Loop Station is a small and rugged stompbox boasting a 3-hour stereo looping recording capacity. The RC-3 has 99 onboard memories for storing loops, a collection of "Real Drums" rhythm guides for recording and also boasts USB 2.0 compatibility to back up recordings and LOAD .wav files of up to 1.7GB in size from your own computer for use on stage and in the studio.
The RC-3 has ten types of playable rhythms spanning Rock, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R&B, and Latin. Loops are easily triggered and greatly help keep your loops in perfect time, tempo can be set incrementally or via a tap tempo. Time signature can also be set and once a phrase is saved, both rhythm type and time signature are also saved and later recalled.
The Boss RC-3's AUX IN allows you to record additional stereo audio sources other than guitar and bass guitar, loop music via a digital audio player, loop digital piano, beatbox and vocal loops and more with ease!
Every element of the Boss RC-3 pedal is incredibly tough and well-built, perfect for vigorous use on the stage, on tour and in the studio. It provides you with simple and easy to use controls thanks to its USB 2.0 and AUX IN connectivity, its a versatile loop station meant for more than just simple guitar loops.
- Compact and powerful stereo stomp box looper
- Massive internal memory with up to three hours of stereo recording time
- 99 onboard memories for storing loops
- USB 2.0 port allows you to connect to a PC and import/export WAV audio
- Rhythm guide with real drums
- Runs on a single 9-volt battery or optional AC power supply
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT: -20 dBu; AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance: INPUT: 1 M ohm; AUX IN: 22 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10k ohms or greater
- Maximum Recording Time: Approximately 3 hours
- Maximum Phrase Memory: 99 phrases
- Number of tracks: 1
- Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)
- Pedal switch
- LOOP OUTPUT knob
- RHYTHM OUTPUT knob
- DOWN button
- UP button
- WRITE button
- RHYTHM ON/OFF button
- TAP TEMPO button
- INPUT A Jack: 1/4" phone type
- INPUT B Jack: 1/4" phone type
- AUX IN Jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- OUTPUT A Jack: 1/4" phone type
- OUTPUT B Jack: 1/4" phone type
- STOP/MEMORY SHIFT Jack: 1/4" TRS phone type
- USB Connector
- DC IN Jack (DC 9 V)
Best looper for the money
As advertised. Brilliant for looping, recordings nd overdubbing, bags of memory space and super sturdy. Percussion options are a bit weak, but that's not what this is for really and is just a bonus.
Robust, solid and easy to use stomp box.
Only used it for a few days. This pedal is way beyond my skill set but hopefully my skills will grow. Didn’t take long to learn the basic knobs/buttons. Enjoying it thoroughly. Loads of memory and the preset drum rhythms really make it a lot of fun. Highly recommend.