Roland TD-1KPX2 V-Drums Portable Electronic Drum Kit
Here’s What Roland Say:
“The Roland TD-1KPX2 is the only kit in the V-Drums Range that is fully foldable. The TD-1KPX comes with all mesh pads; the snare and x3 toms all have Roland’s unique weave and double ply head, which is widely regarded as the most realistic and durable mesh head on the market. The rack is able to be folded up and fits perfectly into the Roland CB-TDP Carrying Case, so you can easily carry the kit on your shoulder, making it perfect for transporting to rehearsals, student’s houses or for small gigs. Despite being portable, the rack is a durable, sturdy and high-quality frame. The TD-1 Module is packed full of features, including 15 drum kits (covering all the most popular genres), 10 coaching lessons and 15 internal songs to play along to. You can connect a media player to the Aux In to play along to your favourite songs, plus it can connect via USB to communicate via MIDI to trigger external sounds on a computer software. The latency of the kit is the same as the Roland TD-50, which is the lowest on any electronic kit at a measly 2.6ms. This means that when you hit a pad, there is no delay from hearing it in your headphones. The 15 kits cover everything from Jazz to Rock to Latin and even EDM and Hip Hop music. The sounds are extremely dynamic and responsive, meaning it behaves just like an acoustic drum kit. You can buzz roll, cymbal swell, choke the cymbal pads and splash the hi hat pedal, so it is suitable for all levels of drummer! For users wanting to customise the internal kits, use Bluetooth Audio, transmit audio over USB and have larger pads, check out the TD-07KV. To ensure you have everything you need for the TD-1KPX2, check out our Bundle Deals. The Roland TD-1KPX2 comes with a 3-year warranty on the module and 1-year on the pads/accessories when registering your product with Roland Backstage.”
Overview By GAK
The Roland TD-1KPX2 is the only foldup/portable electronic drum kit in the Roland V-Drums range. The TD-1KPX2 can be packed away after playing, whether you slot it under the bed, pop it in a cupboard or store it somewhere safe, it’s the perfect option for those that can’t have a kit permanently set up in the home.
The TD-1KPX2’s ability to fold up makes it a great option for drummers that are regularly on the move, plus it only weighs 14.9KG - which is lighter than most keyboards! It perfectly fits into the Roland CB-TDP Carrying Case, which features shoulder straps, meaning you can easily take it to rehearsals, small gigs or taking it to student’s houses that may not own a drum kit.
Roland has set the benchmark for all electronic drum kits with their patented Mesh Technology. It is known for how durable and realistic it feels, due to its unique weave and double-ply heads. The Snare, x3 Toms feature mesh, whereas the rubber bass drum trigger is able to accommodate a double kick pedal, which is the same as the popular Roland TD-1DMK. This means it suits a wider variety of players and suits all levels of ability.
The TD-1KPX features the same TD-1 Sound Module that features on the TD-1K and TD-1DMK. It has 15 different drum kits, ranging from acoustic kits for Rock, Jazz, Pop and Metal. There are also percussive kits for Latin, Oriental or Folk music. It even has Electronic sounds, like the 808, 909 and other drum machines. Each kit is also really dynamic and expressive, meaning you can buzz roll, cymbal swell, choke the cymbal pads and splash the hi-hat pedal, which are essential drumming techniques for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced level, drummers.
Partner the sounds with the 15 internal songs, covering all genres to help make you an all-around great drummer. Plus, the TD-1KPX2 has 10 coaching lessons, so it can act as your own drum tutor too.
Connect the TD-1KPX2 via USB to your computer and you can use the kit as a MIDI trigger to play your favourite external sounds. The latency of the kit is the same as the flagship Roland TD-50, which is the lowest of any electronic kit, at just 2.6ms. It also has an Aux In, so you can play along with your favourite songs too. You can also use the USB output to connect to teaching apps, like Melodics. Roland also have given you 40 free lessons on this App to get you on your way too!
Please note that the TD-1KPX2 does not ship with a kick drum pedal, drum throne, headphones or sticks. To ensure you have everything you need, check out our Bundle Deals.
If you would like to jam along with other musicians, check out the Roland Drum Monitors.
For users wanting to customise the internal kits, use Bluetooth Audio, transmit audio over USB and have larger pads, check out the TD-07KV.
- - Authentic V-Drums performance in a compact and foldable drum set that can be played anywhere
- - Innovative folding stand with built-in kick pad packs down quickly without the need to remove pads or cymbals
- - Roland’s famous mesh-head V-Pads for snare and all toms provide great playing feel and natural response
- - Updated kick pad with wider playing surface to support double acoustic kick pedal setups
- - Includes high-quality sounds derived from top-line V-Drums modules
- - Develop drumming skills with a variety of easy-to-use onboard practice features
- Kit Configuration - Kick Pad, Snare (PDX-8), Hi-Hat (CY-5), Hi-Hat Pedal (FD-9), Tom x 3 (PDX-6), Crash (CY-5), Ride (CY-5), Drum Stand (MDS-TDKP2)
- * Kick pedal and drum throne are not included.
- Drum Kits - 15
- Coach Functions
- - 10
- - Time Check (Easy)
- - Time Check (Hard)
- - Change-up
- - Auto Up/Down
- - Quiet Count
- - Tempo Check (Easy)
- - Tempo Check (Hard)
- - Stroke Balance
- - Timer
- - Recording
- Songs - 15
- - Tempo (40–260)
- - Rhythm Type (5 types)
- - Sounds (8 types)
- - Volume (10 levels)
- Display - 7 segments, 3 characters (LED)
- - OUTPUT/PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- - MIX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- - USB COMPUTER port: USB B type
- - TRIGGER INPUT connector: DB-25 type (Kick, Snare, Tom 1, Tom 2, Tom 3, Hi-hat, Crash 1, Ride, Hi-hat control)
- Interface - USB MIDI (Transmitting only)
- Power Supply - AC adaptor
- Current Draw - 150 mA
- - Setup Guide
- - Owner's Manual
- - Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- - AC adaptor
- - Special connection cable
- - Drum sound module holder
- - Pad mount x 4
- Options (sold separately)
- - Kick: KD-9, KT-9, KT-10
- - Personal Drum Monitor: PM-03, PM-10
- - V-Drums accessory package: DAP-3X
- - V-Drums mat: TDM series
- SIZE (INCLUDING KICK PEDAL, CYMBALS, AND DRUM THRONE)
- - Width - 1,000 (W) mm, 39-3/8 inches
- - Depth - 1,200 mm, 47-1/4 inches
- - Height - 1,250 mm, 49-1/4 inches
- SIZE (FOLDED)
- - Width - 415 mm, 16-3/8 inches
- - Depth - 610 mm, 24-1/16 inches
- - Height - 750 mm, 29-1/16 inches
- - Weight - 14.9 kg, 32 lbs 14 oz
Very compact for my small space but sound great and good feel.
Just what you expect from Roland.
Going from an Alexis DM5 to this was a lot easier than I thought. I love the way you can fold this down and the quietness of playing it is great. The module is great. It can be a little limited but it's perfect for what I want.
I love this equipment! Professional feel and Sounds fantastic