Shure KSM32/CG Studio Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Shure KSM32/CG Studio Cardioid Condenser Microphone Product Overview by GAK
The Shure KSM32/CG Studio Cardioid Condenser Microphone is a side-address mic for detailed studio recording, offering an extended frequency response (20 Hz - 20 kHz) for open, natural reproduction of sound sources.
The KSM32/CG sports Class-A circuitry and extended "sweet sport" which delivers a smooth, detailed response, ideal for a multitude of recording sources from piano to percussion or violin to vocals. This model also boasts a rugged design and an attractive non-reflective charcoal-gray finish.
- Class A, transformerless preamplifier circuitry eliminates cross-over distortion for improved linearity across the full frequency range.
- Embossed, high-compliance diaphragm provides extended low-frequency response.
- Ultra-thin, gold-layered, low-mass, Mylar diaphragm for excellent transient response
- 15 dB attenuation switch for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- Switchable low-frequency filter provides greater flexibility to reduce background noise or to counteract proximity effect.
- Integrated three-stage pop protection grille reduces "pop" and other breath noise
- Internal shock mount reduces transmission of handling noise
- Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 126 dB (@ Maximum SPL, A-Weighted)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 81 dB (IEC 651)
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 139 dB, (@ 1% THD / 2500 ohm Load), 154 dB, (with Pad)
- Power: Phantom 48v
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Output Connectors: XLR-3M Type, (Gold Plated)
- Pad: -15 dB
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: -6 dB/Octave @ 115 Hz, -18 dB/Octave @ 80 Hz
- Dimensions: 187 x 55.9mm
- Weight: 490 g