Vox VT40X Compact 40W 1x10 Combo
The Vox VT40X features a next-gen Vox modelling engine which uses VET (Virtual Element Technology). VET accurately simulates and mirrors the tones of a variety of classic and well-loved amplifiers and as a the result the VT40X is able to respond to dynamics and pedals just like the real thing! The addition of the Vox Valvetronix tube preamp with analog circuitry provides added warmth for a more authentic sound. The cab has been designed from the ground up to provide maximum bass response for a small cabinet. 13 onboard effects adds to the versatility of the VT40X.
Vox Tone Room editing software is also included with the VT40X which allows you to edit and create your own presets, resulting in almost limitless possibilities.
- Power Amplifier Output: Maximum approx. 40W RMS @5 ohms
- Amp Models: DELUXE CLã€TWEED 4x10ã€VOX AC30ã€BOUTIQUE ODã€VOX AC30TBã€BRIT 800ã€BRIT OR MKIIã€DOUBLE RECã€BOUTIQUE CLã€BRIT 1959ã€BOUTIQUE METAL
- -Pedal 1 type: 4 (COMP, CHORUS, OVERDRIVE, DISTORTION)
- -Pedal 2 type: 4 (FLANGER, PHASER, TREMOLO, DELAY)
- -Reverb type: 4 (ROOM, SPRING, HALL, PLATE)
- -Noise Reduction: 1
- User Programs: 8 (2 banks x 4 channels)
- Speaker: 10" 5 ohms
- Inputs / Outputs: INPUT jack, AUX IN jack, Headphone jack, FOOT SW jack, USB (Type B) mini port
- Signal Processing:
- -A/D conversion: 24-bit
- -D/A conversion: 24-bit
- Power Supply: AC adapter (DC 19 V)
- Current Consumption: 3.42 A
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 462 x 225 x 404 / 18.19" x 15.91" x 13.66"
- Weight: 9.5 kg / 20.94 lbs.
For the price, this amp is very good. I play thrash metal mainly in my house and I don't tend to use pedals, so being able to model a large valve amp on full gain and preamp volume, but most importantly having the option to turn the speaker power down to a level that doesn't annoy the neighbours, is the main reason I bought this. It has great reverb effects and a load of others (which I probably won't use) as well as 4 fully programmable chanels if that floats your boat. For just over £200, you'd be struggling to get a nicer personal tone from anything cheaper. Pretty much a fantastic sounding practice amp but definitely powerful enough for gigging if required.
Lots of good usable tones with easy customisation.
Great sound, easy to use with a lot of options for customisation.