Zoom H6 Handy Portable Recorder
Zoom H6 Handy Recorder Overview by GAK
The Zoom H6 Handy Recorder is a compact, portable recorder ideal for live recording, professional film/video work, and broadcasting. With great features such as X/Y and M/S microphone capsules, 6-in/2-out USB audio interface, and even an impressive
- The H6 offers four main inputs (1-4), plus two additional inputs (L, R) that are derived from whichever capsule (X/Y, MS, Shotgun, or Dual XLR/TRS Combo) is plugged into the unit.
- The supplied XYH-6 X/Y capsule also provides a secondary input for connecting an external mic- or line-level signal via a stereo 1/8" Mic/Line In mini phone jack.
- When a connection is made to that jack, signal from the X/Y microphones is muted.
- All four main H6 inputs (inputs 1-4) are combo connectors that can accept either XLR or 1/4" balanced or unbalanced phone cables.
- They can handle both micand line-level signals, which means that you can connect either external microphones or line-level devices like mixers, portable music players, electronic keyboards, or electric guitars or basses with active electronics (passive electric guitars or basses can also be connected with the use of a mixer or effects device).
- Internal switching contacts automatically detect the circuit of choice.
- On the H6, all connectors use the industry standard Pin 2 hot on XLR connectors and Tip hot on TRS connectors.
- Each of the six inputs (that is, 1-4 as well a L, R) has a dedicated gain control knob.
- In addition, the four main inputs and the EXH-6 capsule feature a -20dB pad, allowing you to prevent distortion even when high-level signals are introduced.
- In fact, with the use of the Pad switch, the H6 can input a signal 30dB louder and 14dB softer than any other Handy Recorder model.
- In addition, all capsules utilize higher voltage preamps (5 volts instead of the more commonly used 3 volts) for distortion free recording, even at high volumes.
- A built-in instrumentation amp allows signals to be transmitted with minimal noise even when long cables are used.
- If you're using high-quality condenser (powered) microphones with the H6, no problem-a simple menu option allows the unit to provide Phantom Power (either 12, 24, or 48 volts) to any or all of the main inputs (inputs 1-4).
- Inexpensive condenser microphones requiring Plug-In Power (2.5 volts) can be connected to the X/Y capsule's stereo 1/8" Line In jack.
- The H6 Line Out is an unbalanced stereo 1/8" phone jack, located on the bottom of the H6, beneath the LCD display.
- It carries the analog stereo output signal, as determined by the H6's internal mixer.
- The H6 USB port, located on the side panel to the right of the LCD display, provides a digital output of either a stereo mix or the six individual input signals, depending upon the setting of the "Audio Interface" function in the USB menu.
- In addition, the H6 provides a headphone output with a dedicated volume control, located on the side panel to the left of the LCD display.
- Connect your headphones to the stereo 1/8" mini phone jack for private monitoring of the stereo output signal.
- The H6 even has a built-in speaker, located on the underside of the unit, for fast monophonic monitoring of the recorded signal without the
- World's first Handheld Recorder with an interchangeable microphone system
- Includes X/Y and M/S Microphone Capsules
- Supports SDXC memory cards up to 128GB
- The world's first six-channel handheld recorder
- Optional Accessory - XLR/TRS input expander
- Optional Accessory - Shotgun Microphone
- High-definition audio of up to 24-bit/96kHz
- 6-in/2-out USB audio interface
- Over 20 hours of operation with 4 AA batteries
- Four individual analogue gain dials
- Phantom power for all main inputs: 12/ 24/ 48V
- Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
- Large full-color LCD display, angled so it's easy to read in all environments
- Multitrack to stereo internal mixdown
- Independent monitor and playback mixes
- Operation manual
- XYH-6 X/Y mic capsule
- MSH-6 MS mic capsule
- AA size (LR6) battery x 4
- Cubase LE Software
- WaveLab LE Software
- USB Cable
- SGH-6 Shotgun mic capsule
- EXH-6 Dual XLR/TRS Combo capsule
- HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount adapter
- APH-6 Accessory Pack includes RCH-6 wired Remote Controller, AD-17 USB-type AC adapter and Hairy Windscreen
- Carrying bag
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year