Zoom Q2n Handy Video Recorder
Zoom Q2n Handy Video Recorder
High-resolution 24-bit/96 kHz audio delivers studio-quality recording, no matter where you’re filming. And the camera’s built-in X/Y microphones can handle sound pressure levels up to 120 dB SPL, for distortion-free recording.
It Can Handle the Pressure
Since the Q2n can handle high sound pressure levels, it records loud music without distortion or clipping. Famed drummer Dave Weckl relies on his Q2n to capture full and beautifully balanced snare, bass, tom, and cymbal detail.
Connect and Listen
The Q2n features a 1/8" stereo input jack that lets you connect external mics and other audio devices. And the 1/8" stereo output jack makes it simple to listen to audio with headphones or on your home stereo.
Enjoy the Clarity of Sound
If you’re like renowned pianist Kenneth Crouch, you strive for clarity in your videos. The Q2n captures a full range of frequencies—from delicate to more thunderous sounds—so fans can re-experience your performances with the same detail and accuracy as if they were hearing them live.
Record Audio Only
The Q2n is also capable of recording audio only. Simply use the ‘Camera Off’ settingto capture demos or live performances in stereo sound using the built-in X/Y mics.
Capture the Essence of Your Music
For an acoustic guitarist, nothing's more important than mic placement. Placing the Q2n ten feet away from your guitar achieves beautiful stereo sound. For more nuanced string sound and finger/neck detail, place the Q2n within three feet of your guitar.
Small Enough to Go Everywhere
The Q2n is small enough to carry anywhere, so you’ll always be prepared to capture impromptu performances or record new ideas. It records up to two hours of footage on two standard AA batteries, providing more than enough juice for concerts, rehearsals, jam sessions, and more.
- High-quality 160° wide-angle lens (F2.0/16.6 mm)
- 10 "Scene" options for use in different lighting environments,
- plus ‘Auto’ setting for automatically adjusting how the camera
- captures specific scene conditions
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones capable of handling sound
- levels up to 120 dB SPL
- Can be used as standalone audio recorder, with data saved
- in WAV format, up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- 5 field of view (FOV) settings
- Records directly to micro SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 128 GB
- for extended recording times
- Easy one-button recording
- Color LCD
- Support for two HD video modes, 720p and 1080p
- Video bitrates up to 24 Mbps for improved image quality
- Frame rates: 1080p/30fps HD, 1080p/24fps HD, 720p/30fps HD,
- 720p/24fps HD
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between
- NTSC and PAL
- Records video (with audio) in MOV format
- Analog-style level control with onscreen level metering and
- 2-color status LCD on lens
- Auto Gain function automatic control over audio input level
- Stereo input for use with external devices plus support for
- plug-in power
- Headphone/line-level for fast audio monitoring
- Low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise
- and rumble
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encoder,
- Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- Webcam and USB mic function (with direct monitoring) when
- used with computers and iOS devices (Apple Camera Connection Kit
- or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required for use with iOS devices)
- Operates with two AA batteries for approximately two hours
- Built-in standard tripod mount