Roland TD-27 V-Drums Sound Module
Roland TD-27KV V-Drums Kit
"With the TD-27 Module, you are able to load in your own samples/layer them with internal sounds, connect to a computer to record both Audio (28 channels)/MIDI via USB or directly to an SD card, customise your kits with the 728 in-built sounds driven by the flagship Prismatic sound engine found on the TD-50 and brand new PureACOUSTIC Ambience technology, which enables you to use modelled room sounds, as well as make your own overhead microphone sound! You can practice along to the inbuilt metronome and coach feature, making the TD-27 the perfect practice/warmup tool. When bought as a full kit, the TD-27 even shares the same digital USB snare and ride pads as the TD-50, which are able to transmit x10 the data of an analogue jack. Bluetooth technology allows you to play along to your favourite songs, connect to popular apps like Melodics and you can even record the Bluetooth Audio to an SD Card. For users wanting a full kit version, checkout the TD-27. The TD-27 module comes with a 3 year warranty and lifetime tech support with myself." GAK's Roland/Boss Product Specialist, James Purvis.
Overview By GAK
The Roland TD-27 is the first module that is compatible with digital usb connected pads (sold separately). The PD-140DS Snare Pad and CY-18DR Ride Pad are able to transmit 10 times the information as an analogue jack. They each have 5 sensors, meaning the positional, velocity and speed data that these pick up are the most accurate on the market. They also have Electro-Static sensors, like the touch screen of a smart device, allowing you to choke, rim shot and cross-stick seemlessly and effectively.
The TD-27 sounds are driven by the same sound engine within the flagship TD-50, named Prismatic. This sound engine is Roland's most expressive and realistic drum sounds to date. There are 728 internal sounds, which you can mix and match as much as you like across the 55 preset and 45 user kits. Not only that, with the sampling cabilities in the TD-27 module, you can load in your own sounds via an SD card and layer them with the internal sounds. This means you have endless amounts of customisation and can develop your own unique drum sound. You can then edit all of your kits using the incredibly power inbuilt effects, and use PureACOUSTIC Ambience to put your kit in a perfectly modelled room/studio/gig enviroment, as well as choosing popular/iconic overhead models, making the TD-27 your own studio at home or at a gig. You can even make your own customised overhead mic capsule!
The Bluetooth connectivity availabe on the TD-27 allows you to connect to your favourite Smart Device. You can stream 28 channels of audio via USB, meaning you can record/play along to your favourite songs, and connect via MIDI to sync with numerous different apps, such us Melodics, GarageBand and the majority of MIDI capable apps on iOS or Android. The module also has 4 assignable outputs, so you can send more options to the sond engineer at gigs.
The TD-27 can be your own tutor, as it has 3 different coaching lessons and a built-in metronome, so you can keep on top of your practice.
For users wanting the full kit options, check out the TD-27 range.
The TD-27 is the latest offering in electronic drums from Roland. Featuring several features that made the TD-50 so groundbreaking, the TD-27 comes with the ultra-sensitive, digital PD-140DS snare and CY-18DR ride. The module is the perfect meeting ground between the TD-50, TD-17 and TM-6PRO, and allows you to customise almost every element of your sound. The extra inputs allow you to expand your set up even further, while the direct outputs makes controlling your sound - live, or in the studio easier than ever. Coupled with the directional sensitivity, and the moving VH-10 hi hat pad, electronic drums have never felt so realistic!
The mid-level TD-27KV delivers the immersive sound and response that you only get with V-Drums. At its heart is the powerful new TD-27 sound engine, filled with premium-grade, fully-customisable drum and cymbal sounds. Advanced digital trigger technology detects every playing nuance in ultra-high definition, while large-diameter drum and cymbal pads offer exceptional feel, presented in a spacious acoustic-style layout.
Larger Pads and Cymbals Many electronic drum kits feel quite different from acoustic kits, mainly due to small pads and lower height. The TD-27KV dispels this convention with large-diameter pads and cymbals, presenting a spacious layout that makes every drummer feel at home. The 14” x 4.3” stainless-steel snare and 10” toms feature Roland’s legendary multi-ply mesh heads, providing unmatched response and adjustable tension for natural rebound. The 12” hi-hat cymbals mount on a standard acoustic hi-hit stand, while an 18” ride cymbal and 12” and 13” crash cymbals are mounted on sturdy boom arms for great stick feel and authentic swinging motion.
14in Digital Snare and 18in Digital Ride Cymbal Roland’s cutting-edge digital pad technology brings even deeper realism to the V-Drums experience. The digital snare and ride pads connect to the TD-27 module via USB cables, working together with the sound engine to deliver the most natural expression, allowing your drumming skills to be heard in incredible detail. Multiple sensors and lightning-fast processing provide amazing response, enabling you to play genuine techniques in the most natural way. Ghost notes, rim shots, and cross stick playing on the snare are precisely detected and translated, while the ride offers wide tonal range and the ability to subtly mute with just a touch of the bow.
Go Deeper with Prismatic Sound Modelling Derived from the flagship TD-50, the TD-27 sound module is filled with drums that live and breathe like acoustic instruments. We start by sampling the finest drums, percussion, and cymbals—both vintage and modern—in world-class recording studios. Roland’s unique Prismatic Sound Modelling is then applied to the samples, bringing them alive with proprietary behaviour modelling refined over two decades. Every time you strike a drum or cymbal, you’re not simply triggering a canned sound—you’re playing a full-bodied instrument that responds like its acoustic counterpart in every way, with an unprecedented sonic range at your command.
PureAcoustic Ambience Technology New PureAcoustic Ambience Technology optimises each kit, creating an incredibly natural and immersive sound field when playing. But you can go deeper too, and adjust the mic position on each drum kit, and dial in the overall sound with the newly developed overhead mic simulator. Finally, advanced onboard multi-effects and mixing capabilities give you the power of a full-scale studio console, with transient, parametric EQs, compressors, reverbs, delays, and more at your command.
Powerful Connectivity for Stage and Studio The TD-27KV delivers fantastic sound for live performance or recording, thanks to a wealth of connectivity options. The TD-27 module features stereo outputs for the overall drum sound, plus two direct outputs for sending kick, snare, and other sounds to an audio console for independent mixing. In the studio, the built-in USB audio interface makes computer music production easy, with up to 28 audio channels available over a single cable. MIDI is also supported via USB and dedicated I/O, allowing you to sync with other MIDI devices and trigger sounds in computer software.
Kit Expansion Made Easy With the TD-27KV, you’re not stuck with a static setup. Using the TD-27 module’s three auxiliary trigger inputs, it’s easy to add tom and cymbal pads to bolster your arsenal. Whatever you’re thinking, the auxiliary trigger inputs are the gateway to your ideal drum setup.
Please note, this is for the module only
- Advanced sound module with Prismatic Sound Modeling derived from the flagship TD-50
- Three digital trigger inputs for advanced Roland trigger pads like the 14” PD-140DS digital snare and 18” CY-18DR digital ride cymbal
- Hands-on interface for quick-and-easy selecting and personalizing drum sounds
- Drum in inspiring sound spaces with newly developed PureAcoustic Ambience Technology
- Overhead mic simulator and studio-level effects for processing drum sounds
- Import your own WAV samples via an SD card
- Stereo mix output and two assignable outputs for sending individual drum sounds to a PA mixer
- Integrated 28-channel USB audio interface for professional computer music production
- Multi-pin trigger jack and included cable for connecting with a standard V-Drums pad setup
- Dedicated Crash 2 trigger input and three auxiliary trigger inputs for easy kit expansion
- Onboard Bluetooth for drumming with music from a smartphone or laptop
- Built-in practice functions for developing drumming skills
- Drum kits - 100 (Preset: 55)
- Instruments- 728
- User Sample Import
- - Number of User Sample: Maximum 500 (includes factory preloaded user samples)
- - Sound Length (total): 24 minutes in mono, 12 minutes in stereo
- - File formats that can be loaded: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16/24 bits)
- Effect Types
- - Pad Compressor: each pad
- - Pad Equalizer: each pad
- - Overhead Mic Simulator
- - Room/Reverb
- - Multi-Effects: 3 systems, 30 types
- - Master Compressor
- - Master Equalizer
- - Supported standards: Bluetooth Ver 4.2
- - Supported profile: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- - Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- Song Player (SD Card) - File format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16/24 bits), MP3 *1
- - Recording Method: Realtime
- - Maximum length: 60 min (temporary recording: 3 min) *2
- - File format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits)
- Display - Graphic LCD 256 x 80 dots
- External Memory - SD Card (SDHC supported)
- - TRIGGER INPUT connector x 1: DB-25 type (Kick, Snare, Tom1, Tom2, Tom3, Hi-hat, Crash1, Ride, Ride Bell, Hi-Hat Control) *3
- - TRIGGER IN jack x 4: 1/4-inch TRS phone type (CRASH 2, AUX1, AUX2, AUX3) *3
- - DIGITAL TRIGGER IN port x 3: USB A type
- - MASTER OUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- - DIRECT OUT jack x 2 (MONO): 1/4-inch phone type
- - PHONES jack x 1: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- - MIX IN jack x 1: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- - MIDI (IN, OUT/THRU) connectors
- - USB COMPUTER port x 1: USB B type
- - FOOT SW jack x 1: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- - DC IN jack
- USB COMPUTER
- - Speed: Hi-speed USB
- - Driver mode: Generic, Vender
- - Protocol: USB MIDI, USB Audio *4
- USB Audio
- - Sampling Rate (original): 44.1 kHz
- - Sampling Rate (with sampling rate converter): 96 kHz, 48 kHz
- - Record: 28 channels
- - Playback: 4 channels
- Power Supply
- - AC adaptor (DC 9 V)
- - Current Draw - 770 mA
- - Quick Start
- - AC adaptor (PSB-1U)
- - Special connection cable
- - Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- - Sound module mounting plate
- - Wing bolt (M5 x 10) x 2
- Options (sold separately)
- - Pads: PD series, PDX series, BT series
- - Cymbals: CY series
- - Kick: KD series, KT series
- - Hi-hat: VH-13, VH-11, VH-10
- - Hi-hat control pedal: FD series
- - Acoustic drum trigger: RT series
- - Footswitch: BOSS FS-5U, FS-6
- - Personal drum monitor: PM series
- - Noise eater: NE series
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - 238 (W) x 204 (D) x 79 (H) mm
- - 9-3/8 (W) x 8-1/16 (D) x 3-1/8 (H) inches
- Weight (excluding AC adaptor) - 1.1 kg, 2 lbs 7 oz
- *1 Audio files must be saved on an SD card.
- *2 Song recording is required SD card. The case of no inserted is capable to record the temporary recording approximately 3 minutes.
- *3 Exclusion use with digital pad.
- *4 USB Audio is required the using vender driver and switched vender mode.
No upgrades available