Fender American Performer Precision Bass, Rosewood, Arctic White Overview
Introduced in 1951, the Fender Precision is the instrument that is generally considered to be the first widely accepted electric bass. Quickly becoming a universal favourite with its excellent playability and iconic sound, history has seen the P Bass become well established across most genres. As part of Fender's American Performer range - a series of well made USA models with accessible price tags - the American Performer Precision Bass updates the original design, and in doing so provides an authentic looking, but modern, reliable, and extremely playable instrument.
Staying true to the original aesthetic, the wonderfully resonant Alder body feels tight and comfortable, while the classic yet robust Arctic White urethane finish ensures that the guitar not only looks the part, but is also fully prepared for both the rigours of the road, and years of ownership. The comfortable Modern “C” shaped Maple neck is also finished in smooth but tough urethane, which is perfectly complimented by the 9.5" radius Rosewood fingerboard; 20 jumbo frets further add to the instrument's positive and highly playable feel.
Handcrafted in Corona, the Yosemite pickups (split-coil P Bass in the middle and single-coil Jazz Bass in the bridge) have been specifically voiced for each position, and their classic fat and punchy growl will make even the most ardent Precision Bass aficionado feel at home. Sonic versatility is further enhanced by the excellent Greasebucket Tone System - a unique Fender design which allows treble cut without loss of gain or low end grunt.
Other features include Fender® "F" Light-Weight Tapered Shaft tuners, 4-Saddle Vintage-Style bridge, and fine detailing such as the 3-Ply pickguard, synthetic bone nut, and classic dot inlays.
Born in Corona, California, the American Performer Precision Bass delivers the exceptional tone and feel you expect from an authentic Fender—along with new, player-oriented features that make it even more inspiring to play.
- American Performer Precision Bass®
- Series: American Performer
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane, Satin Polyurethane (302)
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots (Maple), White Dots (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.625” (41.3 mm)
- Tuning Machines:
- Fender® Shafts
- Part # Description UPC Code
- “F” Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style with Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- YosemiteTM gle-Coil Precision Single-Coil Bass Jazz Bass (Bridge), YosemiteTM Split Sin-
- Volume GreasebucketTM 1. (Middle Tone Pickup), Circuit Volume (Rolls 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master
- Off Highs without Adding Bass)
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
Fender Classic Series Wood Case, Jazz/Precision, Black
Gibson Gear Gibson Playing Stool, 24, Swivel
Hercules GS405B Shock Absorbing Guitar Stand
Tiger GST49 Wooden Guitar Wall Hanger
D'Addario DP0002 Pro-Winder String Winder Cutter
Hercules GS412B Plus AGS Guitar Stand