Roland FA-06 Workstation
Roland FA-06 Workstation Bundle
Out of stock, available to order
Call Us Now! 01273 665400Average rating 4 / 55 stars(0)4 stars(1)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(0)
Roland FA-06 Workstation Premium Bundle
Next day deliveryAverage rating 4.5 / 55 stars(2)4 stars(2)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(0)
Overview By GAK
The Roland FA-06 the most affordable variant of the FA Workstation Series. The FA-06 offers the most compact size and maximum portability, weighing a measly 5.7KG.
The FA-06 has a 61-note velocity-sensitive synth-action, making it perfect to use as a second-tier keyboard for those that want to build a multi-board rig. The synth action is fast and responsive, making basslines, lead lines and brass stabs comfortable and easy to play. The FA-06 has all the power that the FA Range has to offer, presented in a smaller and lighter chassis. Don’t let the smaller size fool you, it can do everything the big FA-08 can do too, prooving it’s not the size, it’s how you use it.
To get a more piano-like experience from your FA-06, you can use the Roland DP 10 Piano Style Sustain Pedal (sold separately), to sustain the notes like an Acoustic Piano. When used with a DP-10, the FA-06 supports Half-Pedalling, which is a technique used by professional pianists.
The SuperNATURAL sound engine, partnered with the lightning-fast keyboard and transportable size, makes the FA-06 ideal for producers and gigging keyboard players. It offers a large variety of realistic sounds, maximum portability and allows you to have access to all your sounds/tracks no matter where you go. SuperNATURAL powers the Acoustic Piano, E.Piano, Clavinets, Drawbar Organs, Strings, Guitar, Synths and Drums tones, meaning the FA-06 will also play like a high-end Stage Piano.
The FA-06 fits perfectly into the Roland CB-B61 Black 61-Note Keyboard Bag. We have made sure that everything you need for your FA Workstation is available in one click, with our Roland FA Workstation Bundles.
Here’s What Roland Say:
"The Roland FA series have consistently been some of our most popular synthesizers since their launch; whether you are looking for a great sounding and flexible synth to use on stage, an easy to use writing tool, or simply the ideal keyboard to compliment your home studio set up, the FA will definitely meet your needs.
The FA-06 features a 61-note velocity-sensitive keyboard, with synth action, making it perfect for players that need a lightweight compact option. It weighs just 5.7KG and features all the same capabilites as the FA-08, excluding the action.
The FA synthesizers feature over 2,000 sounds taken from our Integra-7 sound module. These include many acoustic tones powered by our acclaimed SuperNatural technology including SuperNatural Acoustic and Electric pianos, tonewheel organ (with customisable drawbars), strings and drums.
SuperNatural uses a combination of sampling and modelling techniques to re-create the true behaviour of acoustic instruments for added realism. The FA also features a SuperNatural synth engine allowing you to create incredible synth tones from scratch across 3 partials. You can also load in 2 additional expansion packs of sounds from the Roland Axial website.
For live musicians, the FA allows you to split or layer upto 16 tones at once (each with its own MFX) across the keyboard in a studio set which can be easily recalled in a live situation. The FA also features 16 sample pads (based on the SP-404A) which can trigger one shots or complete backing tracks from an SD card. If you’re not working with samples you can reconfigure the pads to operate a number of useful functions within the synth instead.
The FA features a 16-track linear midi sequencer, allowing you to create your own custom songs using the sounds in your studio set (or even sent externally to trigger other midi instruments). This can be exported as a multi-track WAV file to use within your DAW if you wish. Further to this, the FA can be used as an audio interface with your computer over USB, and it also features great DAW Midi control, with pre-made maps for Ableton, Cubase, Logic Pro and Sonar.
For customers looking for features similar to the FA, but in a more professional package check out the Roland Fantom range. Alternatively, if you are looking for something on a smaller budget take a look at the Roland Juno-DS series of synths.
- Reimagined music workstation designed to maximise your creative flow
- Light, mobile body with 61-note velocity-sensitive keyboard
- Over 2000 sounds from the flagship INTEGRA-7 sound module, including SuperNATURAL synth and acoustic tones and drums; add even more tones via internal wave sound expansion slots
- SuperNATURAL synth engine is fully compatible with the expansive collection of free INTEGRA-7 synth tones available from Roland's Axial sound library site
- 16-track sequencer with non-stop loop recording makes it easy to build songs quickly; export your sequencer tracks to an SDHC card as a complete stereo mix, or as multitrack audio or MIDI data for use in your DAW
- Onboard sampler based on the SP-404SX features 16 pads x 4 banks and direct recording/playback via SDHC cards
- Polish your sounds with a multitude of studio-quality effects, including 16 independent MFX engines, six COMP EQ processors for drums, unique TFX (total effects), and global EQ, chorus, and reverb
- Tweak tones, effects, and external MIDI devices in real time with six user-assignable Sound Modify knobs
- Intuitive, streamlined interface with large colour LCD
- Press one button to instantly configure the FA-06 for use with your DAW via USB
- D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator, and Chord Memory functions to expand your creative palette
- Guitar/Mic and Line input jacks for performing, sampling, and DAW audio recording; dedicated input reverb provides ambience for performing/recording
- USB ports for sound expansion data, updates, and audio/MIDI interfacing with a computer; MIDI communication with the iPad is possible when using Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit
- Keyboard - 61 keys (with velocity)
- SOUND GENERATOR SECTION
- Maximum Polyphony - 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Parts - 16 parts
- - SuperNATURAL Acoustic
- - SuperNATURAL Synth
- - SuperNATURAL Drum Kit
- - PCM Synth
- - PCM Drum Kit
- * GM2 compatible sounds are included.
- Wave Expansion Slots - 2 slots
- * The wave expansion slots are rewritable internal waveform memory. You can download data from the Axial sound library site and write it via a USB flash drive into the FA's internal wave memory (slot).
- Favorite - Yes
- - Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 68 types (Vocoder can be used only on part 1.)
- - Part EQ: 16 systems
- - Drum Part COMP+EQ: 6 systems
- - Chorus: 3 types
- - Reverb: 6 types
- - Master Compressor (This can be changed to Insert FX (78 types).)
- - Master EQ
- - Total Effects (TFX): 29 types
- - Mic Input Reverb: 8 types
- MIDI Tracks - 16
- File format - Original, SMF export/import supported, WAV export supported
- * Sampler trigger data can be recorded.
- Format - 16-bit linear, 44.1 kHz, WAV/AIFF/MP3 import supported
- Maximum Polyphony - 8
- Number of Samples - 16 Pads x 4 Banks (for each song)
- * Samples cannot be used as wave data for the sound engine.
- Rhythm Pattern - Yes
- Arpeggio - Yes
- Chord Memory - Yes
- - D-BEAM Controller
- - Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
- - Assignable Switch x 2 (S1/S2)
- - Control Knob x 6
- - Sample Pad
- - Tempo Knob
- Display - 5-inch Graphic Color LCD
- External Memory - SD Card (SDHC supported)Connectors
- - Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- - MAIN Output Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- - Sub Output Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- - AUDIO INPUT Jacks
- - LINE: Stereo miniature phone type
- - GUITAR/MIC: 1/4-inch phone type
- - FOOT PEDAL Jacks (CTRL 1, CTRL 2, HOLD)
- - MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT)
- - USB FOR UPDATE Port
- - USB COMPUTER Port (USB Hi-Speed AUDIO/MIDI)
- (Use a USB cable and a computer with a USB port that support USB 2.0 Hi-Speed.)
- - DC IN Jack
- Power Supply - AC Adaptor (PSB-1u)
- Current draw - 1,300 mA
- - Quick Start
- - Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- - SD Card (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- - SD Card Protector (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- - AC Adaptor
- - Power Cord
- Options (sold separately)
- - Keyboard Stand (*1): KS-18Z, KS-12
- - Pedal Switch: DP series
- - Expression Pedal: EV-5
- - USB Flash Memory (*2)
- - Wireless USB Adapter: WNA1100-RL
- *1 When using the KS-18Z and KS-J8, ensure that the height of the unit is one meter or lower.
- *2 Use USB Flash Memory (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Flash Memory) sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width - 1008 mm 39-11/16 inches
- Depth - 300 mm 11-13/16 inches
- Height - 101 mm 4 inches
- Weight - 5.7 kg 12 lbs. 10 oz.
Awesome workstation and sound engine...another intuitive Roland keyboard...they just keep getting better.
Excellent piece of kit.
Brilliant product so far, and I've only really scratched the surface of its functionality.
I managed for years with Triton LE which has served me well - nearly 10 years and hundreds of gigs. I would have gladly kept on with it but it unfortunately the key sensors were showing signs of wear and tear. So I looked for a replacement and hence the FA-06, and so far I'm impressed. It fits my old flight case which is bonus! I have already set up my patches on Studio Set, gigged with it and have been impressed with the sounds. I was worried at first it would be a fiddle to set up, and to be fair it takes a bit of time to get your head round (using sample pad to do part switches). But once you've set it up, its quite quick to switch from one patch to the other. My one gripe so far is this: When you save a Studio Set it resets any changes you've made to the part effects, so you have to save the part as new tone. Thats quite annoying. Okay the body is bit flimsy (but that makes it light too, so swings and roundabouts). For me, the value in the instrument is the programming and the sounds. And this is because I don't want spend hours doing it myself, I've been able to find the sounds that I need quite easily without too much tweaking.