AKG Perception 170 Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
AKG Perception 170 Microphone Overview by GAK
The AKG Perception 170 Microphone, also know as the P170 is a small diaphragm condenser mic. Ideal for recording as an overhead, the AKG P170 microphone is also great at capturing high-quality, clear audio when recording percussion, acoustic instruments and also other strings. The design is a heavy-duty, roadworthy, all-metal construction, perfect for the energetic live show.
See below for full features and additional overview.
- Professional small-diaphragm, true condenser cardioid microphone
- An excellent choice for a variety of recording and live sound applications: Drums, Live sound, Percussions, Studio applications, Acoustic instruments, Ensemble recording, A/B and X/Y stereo miking
- Switchable 20 dB preattenuation pad
- Heavy-duty, roadworthy, all-metal construction
- AKG sound quality
- Designed and engineered by AKG in Vienna, Austria
- The P170 is a small-diaphragm condenser microphone for recording of overheads, percussions, acoustic guitars and other strings. Its lightweight 1/2-inch true condenser transducer diaphragm delivers outstanding clarity and transient response.
- The P170 utilizes the experience of sound engineers from around the world and is considered an affordable alternative to the legendary AKG C451 B.
- Type: 0.5 inch diaphragm, externally polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 12 mV/Pa (-38 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 135 / 155 dB SPL (0 / -20 dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: < 21 dB-A(IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 73 dB (re 1 Pa)
- Preattenuation pad: 0 dB, -20 dB
- Impedance: =1000 ohms
Perfect for recording acoustic guitars, well built too
Amazing sound for studio recordings at a budget price