Roland AIRA System-1 Plug Out Synthesiser
Roland AIRA System-1 Plug Out Synthesiser Overview by GAK.
This four voice virtual analog could just be the synth that changes your mind about analogue emulation. Historically VA synths have been great for physical interaction, but often lack the sonic edge of their analogue counter parts. The AIRA SYSTEM-1 from ROLAND knocks that out of the park. The proprietary SYSTEM-1 synth engine REALLY sounds like a big old synth. Add to that the ability to emulate some of the most important and distinctive synths in history, you may have just found the go to synth of your dreams.
The Roland Aira System-1 can also be connected to your computer to either record audio or to be used as a MIDI controller keyboard. Features include four voices with two oscillators plus a sub oscillator, an advanced Arpeggiator with SCATTER, 73 physical controls and a bit crusher for some contemporary bite. The PLUG-OUT functionality allows you to download a model of one of ROLANDs most revered classics onto the SYSTEM-1 itself. Choose from SH-101, PROMARS, and SH-2. These PLUG-OUT models also work in as many instances as you like within your favourite DAW making the AIRA SYSTEM-1 one of the most flexible synths on the market.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Modern Vintage - Meet the SYSTEM-1, a synthesizer probably unlike any you've encountered before. Like its predecessors, the SYSTEM-1 breaks new ground with remarkable flexibility and access to a vast palette of synthesized sounds with the bold and unmistakable character associated with Roland synthesizers for nearly four decades.
- At the heart of the SYSTEM-1's sound is our new Analogue Circuit Behavior technology (ACB) which we use to carefully analyse every aspect of analogue circuits and then faithfully recreate them down to the finest details. This technology fills the SYSTEM-1 with a fusion of beautifully classic and utterly modern synthesizer tones. Sound good?
- There's more - The SYSTEM-1 can control and even host software recreations of classic Roland synthesizers. That's right. The SYSTEM-1 can control plug-in versions of now legendary Roland synths, and those same plugins can be hosted in the SYSTEM-1 itself - with no computer required. You can even switch between the SYSTEM-1's internal sounds and those of the hosted plug-in. We call this wizardry "Plug-Out" - and we're pretty excited about it.
- And we think you'll be excited too once you experience the supreme authenticity of the upcoming SH-101 soft-synth, with the SYSTEM-1 providing an intuitive and fully automatic one-to-one control interface that just works. Let's be honest. Who could make a better plug-in version of a classic Roland synth than Roland?
- And the SH-101 is just the beginning - The SYSTEM-1 not only sounds amazing, but it also has a totally innovative design with performance ready controls, quality construction, and a dizzying array of lights and knobs and sliders that proclaim - unashamedly - "I am synthesizer. Hear me roar."
- Four oscillators for buckets of fat synth tones
- Oscillator colours create continuous waveform changes from simple to complex
- All parameters can be controlled with physical knobs and sliders with LED indicators
- Advanced Arpeggiator with SCATTER
- SCATTER jog dial offers 10 different phrase variations with dynamic, real-time control over 10 stages of depth
- Variety of modulation functions including ring modulation, cross modulation and oscillator sync
- Filter types vary between -12dB and -24dB and include independent high pass filters
- Tone knob for easy tonal balancing
- Crusher knob for modern edge
- Integrated Delay and Reverb effect units
- Tempo syncing for LFO and Delay
- Innovative thin keyboard with 25 normal sized keys that are
- Comfortable to play and yet the most compact Roland synth ever
- You can connect the SYSTEM-1 to your computer via its USB jack to send and receive Audio and MIDI data.
- The SYSTEM-1 can receive MIDI clock information to sync with external devices including other AIRA series units.
- The SYSTEM-1 is designed to work seamlessly and look great with other products in the AIRA series.
No upgrades available
Class bit of kit, great fun.
Love this keyboard. I subscribe to the Roland Cloud service and so can take advantage of all the available plug outs. It is also a nice sounding audio interface, which is handy for playing live or on the go work in your laptop.