Roland VAD306 V-Drums Acoustic Design Kit
Roland VAD306 V-Drums Acoustic Design Kit
Here’s What Roland Say:
“The VAD306 is the introductory kit to the VAD Range. VAD (V-Drums Acoustic Design) is the most realistic looking, and feeling, range of V-Drums to date. The VAD306 is the most compact and space-saving VAD Kit available, with it’s shallow pad design and all-chrome fittings (the same as those found on an acoustic drum), the kit will fit perfectly into the smallest of spaces, whilst maintaining prescense/drama of an acoustic drum kit. VAD also use acoustic drum hardware rather than a rack system, meaning that the kit has a more traditional look, again, more like that of an acoustic drum kit. The kit is powered by the TD-17 Module, which is part of the extremely popular TD-17 V-Drums Range. Partner all the great specs of the TD-17 Module, along with the more realistic looking and feeling VAD Compact Pads, the VAD306 takes the TD-17 Range to the next level. For those that want an upgrade module, more realistic cymbal pads and full sized drums, check out the VAD503. The VAD306 comes with a 2-year warranty when registered with Roland Backstage.”
Overview By GAK
The VAD306 is the first kit in the all-new VAD (V-Drums Acoustic Design) Range from Roland.
VAD are electronic drum kits that have been specifically designed for drummers that need the more traditional look and feel that you get from an Acoustic Drum Kit. It differs from their world-renowned V-Drums Range, as each VAD feature wooden drum shells, that match the size and depth of acoustic drums, as well as all-chrome fittings and acoustic drum hardware. Where V-Drums offer a fitted drum rack and smaller pads, that are potentially more suitable for the home, VAD is for the drummer that needs to stand out on stage.
The Roland VAD306 is the most compact and space-saving kit in the VAD Range, offering shallow toms (x2 PDA100L-BK 10"x4" Rack Tom Pads and x1 PDA120L-BK 12"x4" Floor Tom Pad), a shallow PDA120LS-BK 12"x4" Snare Pad (snare stand sold separately) and the Roland KD-180L-BK 18"x7" Kick Drum Pad (kick pedal sold separately). With the larger diameter on the playing surface of each pad, plus a wooden shallow-shell, the VAD306 has a more “acoustic drum” feel, whilst keeping a small footprint.
The VAD306 is the step up from what may be our best-selling kit, the Roland TD-17KVX, sharing the same cymbal pads; x2 CY-12C crashes, a 3-zone CY-13R Ride Cymbal and the acoustic hi-hat stand operated VH-10 Hi-Hat system (hi-hat stand sold separately). The VAD306 is also powered by the infamous Roland TD-17 Module.
To make sure you have everything you need for your Roland VAD306, check out the Roland VAD306 V-Drums Acoustic Design Kit, Premium Bundle.
For those that want an upgrade module, more realistic cymbal pads and full-sized drums, check out the VAD503.
The TD-17 Module is packed full of features but at a reasonable price tag. You are able to load in your own samples/layer them with internal sounds, connect to a computer to record both Audio/MIDI via USB or directly to an SD card. You can customise your kits with the 310 in-built sounds, driven by the flagship Prismatic sound engine found on the TD-50 and powerful effects section. You can even practice along with the inbuilt metronome and internal coach feature.
- Space-saving V-Drums Acoustic Design kit with shallow-depth wood shells and double-braced chrome stands
- TD-17 sound module with expressive and dynamic sound, inherited from the Prismatic Sound Modeling technology of the flagship TD-50
- 12" PDA120LS-BK snare, two 10" PDA100L-BK rack toms, 12" PDA120L-BK rack tom, and 18" KD-180L-BK kick with custom chrome hardware and black wraps
- Cymbal pads include 12" VH-10 V-Hi-Hat, two 12" CY-12C crashes, and 13" CY-13R ride
- Hands-on interface for selecting and personalizing drum sounds
- Onboard Bluetooth for drumming with music from a smartphone or laptop
- Built-in practice functions for developing drumming skills
- Kit configuration
- - Drum sound module: TD-17 x 1
- - Snare: PDA120LS-BK x 1
- - Tom1: PDA100L-BK x 1
- - Tom2: PDA100L-BK x 1
- - Tom3: PDA120L-BK x 1
- - Hi-hat: VH-10 x 1
- - Crash1: CY-12C x 1
- - Crash2: CY-12C x 1
- - Ride: CY-13R x 1
- - Kick: KD-180L-BK x 1
- - Drum combination stand: DCS-10 x 3
- - All purpose clamp: APC-30 x 1Extra trigger input jack2 (AUX, CRASH 2)
- * CRASH 2 jack is used for CY-12C of 2nd crash cymbal.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - 1,300 (W) x 1,200 (D) x 1,200 (H) mm
- - 51-3/16 (W) x 47-1/4 (D) x 47-1/4 (H) inches
- (including Kick pad, Cymbals, Hi-hat stand and Drum throne)
- - 35.3 kg / 77 lbs 14 oz
- - Sound module mount
- - AC adaptor
- - Special connection cable
- - Connection cable (Crash2)
- - Drum key
- - Setup guide
- - Owner's manuals
- Options (sold separately)
- - Personal drum monitor: PM series
- - V-Drums accessory package: DAP-3X
- - V-Drums mat: TDM series
- - Noise eater: NE-100B
- * This package does not include a kick pedal, a snare stand, a hi-hat stand, a drum throne, and a SD card.